Trying to keep this blog positive, but I also want to record what is happening right now and how we are doing. There might be some negative items today.
- Both girls had to work tonight, Kurt and I are home by ourselves.
- We decided to order for Olde Town Cafe for supper since it is just the two of us. Very delicious, we haven’t eaten there for a long time.
- Our new neighbors decided to have a party again for the 2nd time this week. Lots of cars in the street, they are not socially distancing themselves.
- I was able to get 6 pages scrapbooked and another 6 almost done today. Completed the April challenges for ScrappiestDisneySwapping Facebook group.
- I placed my grocery order on Wednesday, I was supposed to pick it up at 6:00 today and as of now 7:30 it is still not ready. They close in 30 minutes, I have a feeling that I am not getting groceries today ( received notification at 7:50 that my order was ready. Was able to get there in time to pick up my groceries.)
- I can’t believe that even though sports are canceled, my husband is still able to watch all kinds of sports. Have to Love (hate) all of these channels showing old games.
- I wish that I would actually be consulted about what we are watching. Why do some people seem to think that what they want to watch is always so much more important than other’s feelings?
- I checked NO substitutions for a reason on my grocery order. Many of the items I wanted are out of stock so they substituted different brands or flavors. Please explain how changing Sweet Italian sausage to Cheddar Jalapeno sausage is even remotely close? No one will eat the Jalapeno sausage in my family.
- I am getting really tired of being stuck at home. When the highlight of my day/week is driving to the store, talking through a window and waiting while my order gets put into the trunk and then driving home again before getting out of the care, you know that the weeks are getting longer and I am getting bored.
- Really looking forward to when this is all over and I can get out and see others again.
Surprisingly we have survived 3 weeks of social distancing. What I have learned so far is that it is important to still get up at a normal time, get dressed and have some goals for the day. If I don’t have things planned for the day, nothing gets done. Every day I am trying to get some cleaning, some reading, some learning, and some time for me. This isn’t always working, but it is the goal. Since tomorrow is Saturday, I will try to treat it as a normal Saturday. That means more creating time for me in my craft room. Hoping to get some April scrapbook challenges done. Maybe also create a few things for Easter, just a few fun spring paper crafts to decorate the table. I will do my best to make this as normal of an Easter as possible. The girls have decided that Hot fudge with ice cream and brownies sounds like a good dessert for the night, so they are working on making the hot fudge. It sounds like a good chocolate dessert for the night. After that a little facial bonding with both of my daughters.
I really don’t have much to say today. Trying to find the positive, but it has been a hard day. My daughter is struggling with some things and trying to encourage her is getting hard and then there came the announcement that school will be closed until at least April 30th.
With that news today, I lost the desire to do much. It doesn’t help that even though I placed my grocery order, the earliest I can get the order is Saturday evening. I really need something good right now.
Even though the Slice of Life is over for this year, I am going to try and continue to write every day. I have assigned my students to write throughout this time period and if I want them to do something, then I should be able to do it also. Normally I order Walmart online and then just pick up, it saves having to stand in line forever (I refuse to use the self-checkout) and I have found it much easier. Normally, I am able to place my order in the morning and pick it up on my way home from school that day. Not anymore. Now, I have to wait until the next day. Not a big deal, just a change I have noticed.
A year ago, on a whim, I signed up for a FabFitFun box. I was pleasantly surprised by the box and have continued to get it. In the past, I wasn’t good at using up all of the beauty products. I did give some to my daughters that I thought they might want and use. A box came on Tuesday since Kristen was home, she was with me when I opened the box Lots of fun products were in this box and she decided that we needed to try the face cleansing stuff and face mask stuff. So now, every night we are enjoying some bonding time as we rotate between the different facial cleansing items; masks, peels, clay masks, etc. A little extra bonding with my college daughter is always a good thing. We will make sure to include Sarah when she finally has a night off. Once again looking for something good to come out of COVID-19. A little extra bonding time is a good thing.