The night before leaving, all the creatures in the house (2 legged) were frantically packing and getting ready to leave. With all of the commotion, you would think that we are going on a three-week vacation, instead of just traveling west for a couple of hours so that our youngest can interview for state 4-H council Saturday morning. In all fairness, my husband has had track meets, church/choir practice, and a soccer match every night this week. Thankfully they canceled the JV match due to the weather and he was able to come home early. Youngest DD helped her dad at the track meets so came home late and then last night she had a choir concert. While we are going to be gone for only one night, there is so much to do and make sure things get packed.
- Kristen’s business Casual outfit (needed for the interview)
- Camera to take a picture of her wearing the outfit. She plans on using this as her $15.00 challenge outfit also.
- Black heeled shoes for outfit
- Interview information and map to building on campus.
- Clothing for dad and mom
- a computer so that I can finish my final SOL tomorrow night.
- Chargers for all electronics
- Swimming suit, so I can go sit in the whirlpool. Can’t wait to do this.
- Most importantly a couple of books for me to read during the 3-hour
cruise, I mean drive. And of course, while waiting for the interviewee to finish up.
- Ok, maybe I should also take a credit card for the hotel, cash so we can eat, and other essentials.
And then, of course, we need to make sure that the 4 legged family members are taken care of. Having a friend come spend time with them, feed and water then, and give the one lots of attention. The other one will basically ignore the family friend.
So much work just so that we can be gone for a little over 24 hours. And of course, everything needs to be ready and packed before we leave for school tomorrow. We will leave from school as soon as I am done.
So looking forward to this night and the chance to get away as a family for such a short time span.